Friday, June 27, 2008

Day 11

Well we left on tuesday headed to Trenton, Ne. 1058 miles total. It took 2 days to get there but the mustang is handling it well. He has to load in a trailer at least once a day so that helps tremendously. yesterday was his first saddling and he handled it nicely. he did blow up a little bit but settled right back into the program. We loade this morning and are headed about 800 more miles into montana. I would love to get a big map and keep track of all his travels. I hope to be riding him soon as we could use an extra horse in our flag presentations. I'm perplexed right now however because i still have not found a fitting name for him. It reminds me of how the bible declares that one day that God will call us by our one TRUE name. Wonder what that is. I would love to get some feed back from you all. Feel free to comment. I'm including a photo of his first saddling. Enjoy and I'll catch yall on down the road. Mark 10:31

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr.Hogan
You probably don't remember me, but I got your autograph Thursday in Trenton when you were packing up because of the wind and dust. If all goes well, my mom, dad, and I are going to try and come to Holly, Colorado July 7th to see you guys again.

If you still haven't named your mustang, I suggest the names Cannon and Baxter. Hope to see you all in July!

TEAM MUSTANG said...

Hello Byron, this is Joe Misner,Lanette,Laurie,and Krystle.
We were excited to find ablog of someone we knew.
Well we found yours so come see ours @ http://teammustang.blogspot.com
Hope to hear from you soon.
The Misners

Eyes to See said...

One of our horses has the best name we could come up with (not a mustang; he's a Morgan we bought in Montana in 2003). But, we spent two days looking for a name that would go with our Ranch Name (Rhema Ranch) and after much discussion (this was in route from Montana to TX) we came up with Reliance. Rely for short. I think that's about perfect for a horse that is to illustrate the relationship we should have with the LORD. I would gladly share it with you!